How much does LATAM charge for baggage?
Latam Airlines charges some fees for extra baggage, which isn't allowed under the airlines' baggage policy. If you have queries like " How much does LATAM charge for baggage, " you must read the information provided below:
The Latam airlines baggage charges depend on the flight route, whether domestic or international.
- For Domestic Flights:
The Latam Airlines baggage fees for domestic airlines for the first bag is between $12-15, for the second bag is between $ 25- 30, and for 3rd baggage or more than three bags is $70.
- For International Flights:
The Latam Airlines baggage fees for different international routes are as follows:
For Fights between the U.S. to South America, there are no baggage fees for the first and second bags. It is about $200 for a third bag or more than that.
For Latam Flights to South America, the cost for the first bag is between $20-30 and $40 to 60, the price for the second bag is between $50 to 60 or $100 -120, and the cost for a third bag or more than that is $150.
LATAM Airlines Carry-On Baggage Allowance:
A passenger is permitted one carry-on bag and one personal item like a purse or briefcase. All carry-on luggage must meet the following specifications for it to fit in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat in front of you:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm/21 in X 13 in x 9 in (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage
- Economy: 8 kg/17 lb
- Premium Business and Premium Economy: 16kg/35 lb
LATAM Airlines Checked Baggage/Hold Luggage:
Each bag should be of the following dimensions:
- Linear dimension: 158 cm/62 in (width + height + length)
- Weight: 23 kg/50 lb
Baggage exceeding standard sizes and weight restrictions are subject to applicable fees.
LATAM Airlines Standard Baggage Allowance Per Flight Route:
Standard baggage allowance From or through the USA, Canada, or Mexico is
- Economy: 2 bags, 23 kg/50 lb each
- Premium Business and Premium Economy: 3 bags, 23 kg/50 lb each
LATAM Airlines Baggage Allowance for Infants:
Infants up to 2 years of age are allowed one bag with dimensions of 158 cm/62 in (width + height + length). Weight allowances defined to/from the U.S. as 32 kg/70 lb
LATAM Airlines rules about Sports Equipment:
Sports equipment can be carried: Bicycles, Bows and arrows, maintenance kits, Bowling items , bags , Fishing items, Golf equipment,Paragliding, Scuba Diving ,Sporting firearms.
LATAM Airlines rules about Musical Instruments:
- You can carry Musical Instruments as cabin baggage provided that the volume meets the criteria of the carry-on baggage allowance.
- Larger instruments with the proper dimensions may fly in a separate seat if the following conditions are met:
- without the right to additional baggage allowance, a purchased reservation for an additional seat in the same fare and service class. 75 kg (165 lb) is the maximum weight allowed.
- Hopefully, your doubts, like How much does it cost to add baggage to Latam, must be cleared now. You may visit the official website of Latam Airlines for more information.
- United Airlines Cheap Flights to Colombia
- Can I upgrade my seat on Malaysia Airlines?
- What Happens if I Miss My Flight with Qatar Airways?
- Why are Emirates flights so Expensive?
- Delta Airlines Tulsa International Airport
- Can I transfer my Air Canada ticket to someone else?
- How do I get through to Japan Airlines?
- How do I manage my Swiss air booking?
- Ryanair manage my booking
- How do I request special assistance on Lufthansa?