How much does LATAM charge for baggage?
Latam Airlines charges some fees for extra baggage, which isn't allowed under the airlines' baggage policy. If you have queries like " How much does LATAM charge for baggage, " you must read the information provided below:
The Latam airlines baggage charges depend on the flight route, whether domestic or international.
- For Domestic Flights:
The Latam Airlines baggage fees for domestic airlines for the first bag is between $12-15, for the second bag is between $ 25- 30, and for 3rd baggage or more than three bags is $70.
- For International Flights:
The Latam Airlines baggage fees for different international routes are as follows:
For Fights between the U.S. to South America, there are no baggage fees for the first and second bags. It is about $200 for a third bag or more than that.
For Latam Flights to South America, the cost for the first bag is between $20-30 and $40 to 60, the price for the second bag is between $50 to 60 or $100 -120, and the cost for a third bag or more than that is $150.
LATAM Airlines Carry-On Baggage Allowance:
A passenger is permitted one carry-on bag and one personal item like a purse or briefcase. All carry-on luggage must meet the following specifications for it to fit in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat in front of you:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm/21 in X 13 in x 9 in (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage
- Economy: 8 kg/17 lb
- Premium Business and Premium Economy: 16kg/35 lb
LATAM Airlines Checked Baggage/Hold Luggage:
Each bag should be of the following dimensions:
- Linear dimension: 158 cm/62 in (width + height + length)
- Weight: 23 kg/50 lb
Baggage exceeding standard sizes and weight restrictions are subject to applicable fees.
LATAM Airlines Standard Baggage Allowance Per Flight Route:
Standard baggage allowance From or through the USA, Canada, or Mexico is
- Economy: 2 bags, 23 kg/50 lb each
- Premium Business and Premium Economy: 3 bags, 23 kg/50 lb each
LATAM Airlines Baggage Allowance for Infants:
Infants up to 2 years of age are allowed one bag with dimensions of 158 cm/62 in (width + height + length). Weight allowances defined to/from the U.S. as 32 kg/70 lb
LATAM Airlines rules about Sports Equipment:
Sports equipment can be carried: Bicycles, Bows and arrows, maintenance kits, Bowling items , bags , Fishing items, Golf equipment,Paragliding, Scuba Diving ,Sporting firearms.
LATAM Airlines rules about Musical Instruments:
You can carry Musical Instruments as cabin baggage provided that the volume meets the criteria of the carry-on baggage allowance.
Larger instruments with the proper dimensions may fly in a separate seat if the following conditions are met:
without the right to additional baggage allowance, a purchased reservation for an additional seat in the same fare and service class. 75 kg (165 lb) is the maximum weight allowed.
Hopefully, your doubts, like How much does it cost to add baggage to Latam, must be cleared now. You may visit the official website of Latam Airlines for more information.
- How do I talk to someone at Viva Aerobus?
- How do I get a human at Frontier?
- Is Qatar Airways need PCR test?
- Can I text on an Alaska flight?
- How do I ask a question on Qatar Airways?
- How do you get through to Vistara airlines?
- How much does it cost to reschedule a flight with Lufthansa?
- How do airlines deal with customer service?
- Is flying on Christmas more expensive?
- Do you need a PCR to fly with BA?