How long does it take to get a refund from LATAM Airlines?
Sometimes, some things happen out of the blue despite all the planning and forecasting. However, it’s always easy to deal with when your hard-earned cash isn’t on the line. But what if you are one of those flyers who booked a flight and now you really need to revise your travel plans?
Major airline companies do keep this in mind and provide the options of cancellation and refund to passengers. If you were to fly via LATAM soon, then be assured that LATAM does allow cancellation and refund. A few might still wonder how long does it take to get a refund from LATAM? Have a look below to know about all these queries.
What is the LATAM refund policy?
- LATAM provides a complete refund of the amount the ticket was bought within 24 hours from the booking, but the booking should be made at least 1 week or more before the flight departure.
- After these 24 hours, chances are that some cancellation fee would be levied and the total amount would not be refunded.
- The refund will take place when you change/cancel the booked ticket. This change or cancelation can be made through the online portal of LATAM.
- The refund value will be shown in the same portal where you cancel the booked flight tickets. These all steps go to LATAM refund policy.
How to cancel and claim a refund for LATAM flight booking?
- Begin by visiting the homepage of LATAM and click on the “My Trips” tab at the top of the screen and choose “Manage your trips” from the drop-down menu.
- A new webpage will open and give you the options to search the booked flight either by email or by entering the flight details. Choose any of these to search.
- If “Enter with trip details” was selected, enter the flight reservation code and the Last name of the passenger. The reservation code will be mentioned in the confirmation email sent when the booking was made.
- Select “Search” and the webpage showing your flight details will come up. You have to click on cancellation or change and then confirm.
- The window will show you the refund value you are eligible for. You can claim the refund from this window.
- This refund will reflect in the bank account through which the original payment was done within 7-10 days since the claim was made.
How to get a refund for canceled LATAM flights?
For those whose flights were canceled by LATAM, a refund claim can be made again through the LATAM homepage. Select the “Changes and Cancellation” option and enter the relevant details just as described above. Thus, the procedure to get a refund from LATAM is easy through the internet.
If you are not able to access the online portal for some reason, you can contact LATAM Customer support over the phone and ask the support staff to do so.
- How do I change my Breeze Airways Flight?
- How do I get through to Breeze Airways?
- How do I get in touch with Royal Air Maroc?
- How do I get in touch with Qantas?
- How can I get hold of Virgin Atlantic?
- Do you need a Covid test to fly on Alaska Airlines?
- How do I ask American Airlines a question?
- How do you get through Swiss Air?
- How do I get a hold of Alaska Airlines?
- Do you need a Covid test to fly on Air France?