How do I get my money back from an airline?
No one wants to cancel their travel plans. They put a lot of effort and planning to make it happen. However, there are times when we need to cancel the plan due to some issues. The first thing that comes to our mind in such cases is ticket money.
If you are also wondering how do I get my airline ticket money back after canceling a flight, you can get help with this article. You need to follow the guidelines given below to get the money back.
How to get a refund from an airline?
- To get your money back, you need to get to the official website of the airline.
- Now you will find the Contact option at the bottom or top right corner of the home page.
- You can click on the option, and you can see the Submit a form option.
- You can click on the button and then select Request a refund form.
- After that, you will find a form on your screen.
- Enter your name and other details required in the blanks.
- You need to provide the correct information in the boxes.
- After that, you need to describe the reason for canceling your flight.
- Attach the files that support the reason you have stated.
- Now choose whether you want to get a travel voucher or cash.
- Click on submit button.
- Your ticket money will be reflected in your account within 20 working days.
Some airlines show the refund option in the Manage Booking section. You can enter the ticket number and name to find your booking and click on Refund to find the refund form.
If the question of do airlines gives refunds for Covid has been a head-scratching issue for you, then check the next section.
Can I get a Refund from my airline due to Covid?
If there is a case where your flight has been canceled due to Covid, you can get the full Refund. Most of the airlines provide the option to get your refund in the form of:
- Travel Voucher
- Cash (original payment method)
- Extended validity on ticket date
You can choose any of the options while filling the refund form. You will get the Refund in the chosen method. If you were tested positive for Covid, you must attach the medical reports in the refund form.
So, we hope that you get the answer of how do I get my money back from an airline. In case you were unable to find the refund form on your airline's website, you can also contact the customer representative of the respective airline. You can also check the Travel funds option on the official page of some airlines to check the refund status.
- How do I add TSA PreCheck to TAP Portugal?
- Does WestJet have WhatsApp?
- How can I reach KLM?
- How do I get through to Qantas?
- How do I file a complaint with JetBlue?
- Does Virgin Atlantic use WhatsApp?
- How do I get in touch with Aegean Airlines?
- How long does it take to get a refund from Aegean Airlines?
- How do you get a hold of Swoop?
- Can I get my money back from Swoop?